Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

‘Twas The Very First Christmas; Joseph Reflects

‘Twas the very first Christmas, we were far from our house,
The creatures were stirring round me and my spouse;
In hopes that Jesus, soon would be there.
My wife was in labor, just straw for her bed,
While visions of better times danced in her head.
She shifted uncomfortably to lessen her plight,
We knew to get ready for a long, painful night.

When out in the sky there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the floor to see what was the matter;
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
The moon was now dim by the light that did show,
The night was as bright as the sun on the snow,
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a magnificent choir with words of great cheer!

About a Great Savior, the angels did sing;
I knew then that Jesus really was King.
The message was clear and it rang like a bell
O’ver village and mountain and meadow and dale.
Now Bethlehem, now Judah, now Israel, please listen!
Hear shepherds, hear wise men, hear the voices of heaven!
From the top of the world we have heard a great call
To look in a manger; to look in a stall.

As white sand that before the tornado flies
When it goes with such force, straight up in the sky,
So into the darkness the chorusers flew
Singing immortal words, to me and to you.
And then in a twinkling I heard, with great joy,
The cooing and crying of a sweet baby boy!
As I drew in my head and was turning around,
I saw a sweet face, so precious and round;

He was bound up with swaddling from his head to his feet;
As I looked at our Savoir my heart skipped a beat!
We knew he would carry the world on his back,
That love, joy and peace would come from His sack.
His eyes, how they twinkled! His dimples, how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, His countenance was cheery;


But that was before his great miracles and fame;
I cringe when I think how they defiled his name!
From the stump of a tree He would, then, grit his teeth,
And the thorns would encircle his head like a wreath;
On the cross His broad shoulders and torn, bleeding belly
Would tremble and shake as he suffered so horribly!
He would hang there and die as a man in disgrace,
But, His death would save millions throughout time and space.

As He twitched, and He blinked, blood stinging His eyes,
He said “Father forgive them,” and looked to the skies.
When led to the cross, he had said not a word’
He knew the message still hadn’t been heard!
So with ultimate love, with undeserved grace,
He gave us the meaning - of Christmas and peace!
Few went to the manger though bade from the sky;
Will you, too, ignore Him - the one who would die?

I hope that you’ve noticed the light in the night’
Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]